Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New York Observer Sold

I'm 25. Here are things I do:

1) Drink heavily
2) Complain about how poorly written some TV shows are
3) Work my 9-5 (7:30-7:30 actually) job

At no stage this year was buying the New York Observer on my list of things to do. But it was for Jared Kushner -also 25.

Tragically only last night I was listing off my accomplishments over the last couple of years (since moving to New Zealand) and was feeling a little bit proud of myself -not in a bad way or anything. Sadly becoming publisher of a celebrated and well-respected New York paper didn't find its way onto that list.

In my defence, Jared bought the paper for around US $10 million and I don't have that kind of money. I'm just going to say that I was looking for a publication at around the five mil mark and leave it at that. Maybe Jared can spot me the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home